Did you know that HBA members can submit job postings for FREE?
Non-members can submit a job posting as well. Job opportunities are listed on the HBA website and our monthly bulletin that is shared with over 700 subscribers. Share your job or volunteer opportunity with our legal network by logging into your HBA account and clicking the button below!
*The job listing will remain on our site for 30 days unless otherwise notified.
CTA - Chicago, Illinois , United States
Under general supervision, investigates and responds to internal and external complaints involving allegations of discrimination and harassment that violate CTA’s Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Title VI and Title VII programs, which reflect federal, state and local laws. Serves as an impartial mediator to resolve employee conflict. Assists with EEO trainings for management and non-management staff and in developing and enhancing EEO policies, procedures, and informational materials.
- Investigates internal and external complaints of discrimination and harassment based on a protected class that involve potential violations of CTA’s Title VI and Title VII programs. Conducts intake and interviews, prepares investigation reports, assists with the resolution of conflict, and conducts follow-ups.
- Creates and develops trainings on various areas of diversity and sexual harassment prevention. Creates material and manuals to supplement various trainings including but not limited to Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Assists with the development, enhancement, and implementation of various EEO-related policies.
- Prepares and maintains hard copy and electronic files of all investigation documents.
- Creates and conducts internal surveys to evaluate training needs and success of training programs currently implemented.
- Stays current with relevant EEO laws, case law, regulations, and interpretation and makes recommendations to ensure CTA’s continued compliance.
- Assists with the analysis of EEO 4 data, including applicant flow, hiring, terminations, promotions, salaries, and transfers, and collaborates with Human Resources to address any diversity shortfalls.
- Performs related duties as assigned
Reporting to this position are the following jobs:
- Keeping abreast of all federal, state, and local laws in relation to the CTA’s Title VI and Title VII programs to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Public or Business Administration, or a related field, plus one (1) year of experience in Diversity, Human Resources, or Labor Relations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years' demonstrated compliance experience preferred.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from accredited law school accepted in lieu of experience.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time, standing, visual acumen, manual dexterity, and fingering for working with computer keyboards.
- Chicago Transit Authority requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated. If you are offered employment, you must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or proof that you are in the process of becoming fully vaccinated as part of the hiring process and as a condition of employment. Visit http://www.transitchicago.com/careers
- Service Area Requirement: Exempt (Non-Union) employees must live within the boundaries of the CTA Statutory Service Area either at the time of employment or within 6 months of beginning employment at CTA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws related to Title VI and Title VII policies.
- Working knowledge of the methods and techniques of complaint investigation, interviewing, processing and resolution, conflict management, conflict resolution practices including mediation, and negotiation.
- Working knowledge of principles and procedures of record keeping and reporting.
- Working knowledge of statistics and how to apply/interpret statistics and trends.
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required. Writing sample may be requested.
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with external groups and/or organizations.
- Intermediate computer skills applicable to this position, i.e., related database software, technical reporting, and statistical analysis.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to develop and coordinate informational meetings on EEO programs.
- Ability to plan and participate in outreach activities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with sensitive information while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other operational departments i.e., Law.
- Ability to fully and impartially investigate complaints of harassment and discrimination.
- General office environment.
- Occasional field work required.
- Occasional travel required.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, AND MATERIALS UTILIZED
- Standard office equipment.
- Personal computer and related software.
- Use of audio recording devices.
Final salary will be determined in part by the qualifications of the selected candidate and may be higher or lower than target.
Applicants, if hired,must comply with CTA's residency ordinance.
CTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge, disability or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws; except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for our workforce and supporting the communities we serve. CTA will make reasonable accommodations for the known disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants for employment as well as its employees, unless undue hardship would result. If you require an accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the submission of your application or upon notification of your actual test date. CTA will work with you to determine if an accommodation can be provided.
Contact InformationCynthia Ramirez